Mozilla.org has released version 1.5 Beta of its browser suite. The release inclues refinements made in anticipation of the final 1.5 version. Changes in the 1.5 series include the addition of a spellchecker and improved mail features. From the release notes:
- Mozilla now includes a spellchecker for MailNews and Composer.
- Mozilla MailNews now supports the printing of the attachments list.
- ChatZilla, Mozillais internet relay chat client, has had a major overhaul bringing many improvements.
- MailNews users can add header lines to *every* msg sent out via a certain identity.
- A common application hang with SSL-encrypted SMTP connections in MailNews was fixed.
- Unstyled XML display has been improved.
- Users can now mark message as read by date in MailNews.
- Gecko now supports setting color for
- A common problem collapsing the URLbar popup on Windows has been fixed.
- Mozillais view source now displays line and column numbers in the status bar.
- Mozilla has improved performance, stability, standards support and web compatibility.
Originally, Mozilla 1.5 was to be based on Firebird but the standard browser suite remained instead. Firebird is now expected to become the main browser around version 1.6.