New Features and Fixes
- Mozilla 1.6 Beta includes a new cross-platform NTLM authentication mechanism. This feature brings NTLM authentication to the non-Windows Mozilla users for the first time and also delivers more robust and featureful NTLM support to users of older Windows versions.
- Developers fixed several security-related bugs in 1.6 Beta.
- "Translate Page" functionality has returned to this release of Mozilla.
- Chatzilla 0.9.48 has been merged, which adds RPL_ISUPPORT support, halfop mode support, and properly masks key and password dialogs.
- Many crash bugs were fixed in Beta.
These are items that have been added to the Known Issues page since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.
- The autocomplete popup in the browser and the mail compose windows will collapse if the user attempts to scroll the list by clicking on the popupis scrollbar. This is bug 225893 and should be fixed for 1.6.
Mozilla 1.6b can be downloaded at the Mozilla home page.