Black Cat Systems has released an update for MultiMode OSX, bringing it to version 4.6.3. MultiMode is a short wave and ham radio message transmitter and decoder. The update features several enhancements and bug fixes. According to Black Cat Systems:
Version 4.6.3 of MultiMode OSX has been released.
MultiMode is an application which allows your Macintosh to decode and transmit several different modes of non-voice communication often heard on shortwave and ham radio.
It is the only program of its kind for the Macintosh, rivaling commercial packages for the PC platform costing hundreds of dollars. It is ideal for amateur radio operators, shortwave radio listeners, and other radio enthusiasts. MultiMode is localized for for Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish, in addition to English.
This update to MultiMode incorporates many new features and several bug fixes, including:
- Added IMD (Intermodulation distortion) display to PSK31 mode
- Added the new @ symbol to morse code mode
- Added invert button to Weather Fax mode
- Option click << or >> in Weather Fax mode now shifts the received display ten times as much
- The RTS line is now toggled as well as DTR on the selected serial port for PTT (Push To Talk) operation
- Fixed a bug where the display of transmitted text would not be updated/shown
- Fixed a bug in RTTY mode - startup baud and shift were not always correct
- Some user interface enhancements
You can find more information about the MultiMode update at the Black Cat Systems Web site. The MultiMode update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$59.00.