WestCiv announces the release and immediate availability of Layout Master 1.0.
With CSS2, the web finally got page layout. But while hand-coding is relatively simple for most of both HTML and CSS, it becomes fiddly and complex when used for finely tuned page layouts with numerous positioned elements. Getting a page exactly right can take real time and effort.
Layout Master is an editor for working quickly and intuitively with HTML elements and the CSS positioning properties. Using simple drag and drop and powerful properties editors, Layout Master is a complete and affordable solution for developing web page layouts.
With Layout Master developers can:
- design flexible layouts using any units, including ems, percentages and pixels
- edit layouts with sophisticated editors, or drag and drop ease
- create extremely precise layouts by nudging elements using the arrow keys
- align and distribute elements using the kind of alignment editor you would expect in a page layout application
- add background colors, images and borders to any element
- easily add HTML, text or image elements to a layout by dragging from the finder
- edit the appearance properties of a page, including its background color and image.
- configure their own rulers, guides and grid
Latest browsers, with excellent support for CSS page layout are well established as mainstream browsers of choice. Itis time to abandon the hacks of the past and move forward with dedicated page layout technology. Layout Master brings this another step closer.
Layout Master is available for US$49.95. You can find more information at the WestCiv Web site.