Public Access Software has released a new version of their shareware installer creator, MacInstall 1.0b2. MacInstall is focused on the nees of shareware software authors. According to Public Access:
MacInstall is a simple yet powerful Mac software installation system. Anyone who needs to place items into specific locations of the Mac OS System folder or onto a useris hard disk can do so with very easily and at minimal cost using this new software we are now distributing.
MacInstall has several advantages over commercial software installers:
- MacInstall is ShareWare making it exceedingly affordable for ShareWare or even FreeWare authors to use. You are not forced into an redistribution limit situation in exchange for low prices. Once you have purchased MacInstall you can use it as many times for as many products as you have.
- MacInstall is not limited to a few System folder locations. In fact MacInstall recognizes all special folders of the Mac OS allowing you to install files anywhere you need.
- MacInstall features a simple design that can be used literally by anyone via its own fully GUI editor or through resource templates for when you just want to tweak a single parameter.
MacInstall is designed to be simple and straight forward in its use. Because of the near total domination of the Stuffit compression format MacInstall does not offer any proprietary compression options at this time.
New in this release:
- Installer Items that are folders have the folder suffix consistently displayed.
- Final sweep internally as needed before the final release.
MacInstall is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Public Access Software web site.