As part of the research note to clients TMO covered earlier on Tuesday, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster also released "notable quotes" that were collected during a survey of 200 people that gauged interest in an Apple-branded iPhone. Those comments ranged from "What is an iPod?" to "I would buy one in an instant," offering an interesting and across the board snap-shot of interest in such a device.
Refer to TMOis full coverage on the survey itself for more information on the overall results.
From the survey:
Notable Quotes From Our Survey Relating To Apple "iPhone" Interest.
- It would be cool!
- That would be awesome.
- What is an iPod?
- Sounds like something my son would buy.
- If it fits my needs, there would be no price I wouldnit buy it for.
- Donit know much about Apple because they donit advertise.
- Iim going to buy a PalmPilot phone in the near future. They sell for around $300 so I would pay about the same.
- Depends on whatis in the phone.
- Compared to a razr, that sounds awesome.
- That sounds great.
- Wouldnit spend more than $400.
- How big is it going to be?
- That sounds cool.
- That would be really cool.
- I donit an iPod cell phone because I trash my cell phone, and I donit want to trash my iPod.
- I have no interest in listening to music on my phone.
- Sounds really cool.
- Number of songs is important.
- Have too many gadgets already.
- Has to be good.
- It would be great.
- I donit know what an iPod is.
- Since I donit use an iPod, I donit want an iPod phone.
- Iim not into computers and music.
- An iPod phone would be really popular.
- Itis what Apple needs to do and I bet a lot of people would buy them.
- I donit like to have too many gadgets in one.
- I wouldnit buy one unless it was $200 and size was small.
- Largely depends on size.
- I already have both, a cell phone and an iPod, but if I didnit have both, I would buy it.
- I would never buy anything from Apple.
- Heck yea, Iill buy it. I really like the idea.
- After my current cell phone contract expires, I would consider it.
- Heck yea I would.
- Iid buy one for $200-$300 and turn around and sell it for $500.
- I would buy one in an instant.
- I donit have an iPod because there is no way I can get the songs onto the iPod since I donit have a computer.
- How big is it? I donit want anything monstrous.
- What if I lose my cell phone? I will lose my iPod and my cell phone including my songs and my numbers. I donit want to take that risk.
- Are they going to do that?!
- If I already own an iPod and a cell phone, why would I want one more of each?
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.