Open Door Networks Inc. is now shipping the full version of Envision 1.0. Envision is a utility designed for expanding the Internet viewing experience of a user. The app ships with multiple viewing options including a slide show feature. According to Open Door Networks:
Open Door Networks today announced that it is shipping Envision 1.0 for Mac OS X. Previously available as a public beta, the shipping version adds a number of user-requested features to the cutting-edge Web viewing product, including the ability to automatically set Web images as the Macis desktop picture and screen saver.
Envision lets Macintosh users experience the Webis increasingly visual nature in innovative new ways, presenting images from Web sites outside the confining windows of traditional Web browsers. Instead of requiring Web content to be manually clicked through, Envision helps users experience the "sights" of the Web through six different views:
- Slide-show like, in a window, without text clutter
- Full screen, with the Mac as a "digital picture frame" around the images
- In "thumbnail" view, as a broad overview of the site
- In multiple windows at the same time
- As an automatically updating desktop picture
- Through the Macis built-in screen saver, with pan and zoom capabilities
You can find more information about the Envision release at the Open Door Networks Web site. Envision is available for US$39.00.