St. Clair Software has updated their wildly popular, and extremely useful, file management utility, Default Folder. Version 3.0.8 of the open and save dialog enhancement offers full compatibility with Mac OS 9.1, and OS Xis Classic environment. According to St. Clair Software:
St. Clair Software has released a new version of Default Folder, their popular enhancement for Open and Save dialogs.
Default Folder 3.0.8 offers compatibility with Mac OS 9.1 and the Classic environment in OS X. It also includes a new scripting addition that allows AppleScripts to set the folder displayed in Navigation Services or Standard File dialogs. In addition, compatibility problems have been corrected for users of QuicKeys 5 and MPW. St. Clair Software recommends that all existing Default Folder 3.0.x users download this free update.
Highlights of the changes in Default Folder 3.0.8 include:
- Default Folder runs correctly in the OS X Classic environment.
- Carbon applications running under Mac OS 9.1 are now supported.
- A new scripting addition allows AppleScripts to set the folder displayed by Standard File and Navigation Services dialogs.
- Compatibility problems with MPW and QuicKeys 5 have been resolved.
- Navigation Services can be turned off on an application-by-application basis.
Default Folder is available for US$25. You can find more information at the St. Clair Software web site.