Crescendo Software has released an update for Picture Play, bringing it to version 1.7. Picture Play is an image composting app designed for building digital collages. The update features several enhancements including a new graphics engine for improved drawing and bug fixes. According to Crescendo Software:
Crescendo Software is pleased to announce the release of Picture Play 1.7, our new, major update to the premier shareware image composition tool for OS X.
Picture Play lets you combine digital photos, scanned images, or any other graphics to create rich and diverse compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and stylish effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more.
New In This Version :
- Brand new graphics engine written from the ground up for this new version. The heart of Picture Play, this engine is responsible for drawing all the object on the work area and is now far more robust and extensible. It now handles large images with ease and is significantly faster than before. A major, major improvement on previous versions, it will also allow some exciting new features in the future
- New rulers which display outside of the work area to increase visibilty and they also give better feedback when dragging objects past the edge of the work area
- Text objects now display with resizing handles and can be enlarged/shrinked by dragging as for image objects, increasing their text size by one point at a time
- New iDuplicatei menu item in the iEditi menu provides a quick shortcut to making an exact copy of a text or image object
- and more
Bug Fixes :
- Objects list scrolls more correctly to selected object
- Tool windows open with more appropriate values
- Export of layers with translucency now works and doesnit cause a crash
- Clipboard now correctly displays copied objects
- Text objects now correctly display text with ASCII 10 line breaks
You can find more information about the Picture Play update at the Crescendo Software Web site. Picture Play 1.7 is available for US$14.95.