Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces the release of SMTPit 3.0b1, for FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for Macintosh OS 9, Macintosh OS X, and Windows Platforms.
SMTPit is a very flexible FileMaker Pro plug-in that allows you to send email directly from FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications. To use it, all you will need is an email address, an SMTP server, and FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate SMTPit into your existing solutions. A basic knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for SMTPit covers how to use FileMaker Pro Plug-ins, and more specifically, how to use the SMTPit plug-in.
Features of SMTPit:
- SMTPit supports normal email fields such as To, CC, BCC, From, Subject, and Body.
- SMTPit adds support for unique Header and Footer fields in the Plain Text Body and HTML Body of your email messages.
- SMTPit adds the ability to append to all email fields, including the Headers and Footers, with the exception of the From field.
- SMTPit allows you to include extra Email Headers, such as "X-Mailer: SMTPit", with your email messages.
- SMTPit allows you to attach files to your emails.
- SMTPit allows you to create HTML Emails complete with inline graphic images.
- *New* - Japanese and Central and Eastern European character support.
- *New* - Connect and Disconnect functions for Mass Email solutions.
- *New* - Status Window for showing what SMTPit is doing at all times.
- *New* - Support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro 5.5.
- *New* - Server Authentication support for logging into your mail server.
- *New* - Better multi-tasking support on Macintosh for running FMP and your mail server on the same machine.
- *New* - New PathToDB function for returning the path to the folder containing your database on the hard drive.
- *New* - Better Multi-part email support.
- *New* - New Developeris Versions.
- *New* - Send and Connect functions can take optional parameters to enhance their functions.
SMTPit is available for US$9. You can find more information at the SMTPit Web site.