One of the new features in Mac OS X 10.1 can be found in Print Center. Print Center is the Mac OS X printer management software that replaces Classic Mac OSis Chooser and Print Manager. The new feature is a dock icon that provides status indicators within the dock similar to Appleis Mail application. While printing a document on a supported printer, the icon places the number of pages remaining to be printed on the top sheet of paper in the paper tray (located at the top of the icon). As the page prints, the page in the dock icon gradually moves through the printer and looks as if text is printed upon it as it appears in the output tray. Each page proceeds through the printer in this way, with the page numbers counting down until the print job reaches the last page. After completion, the icon returns to normal.
Recent News See All »
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Starts Filming with Michael Fassbender as Jobs
- Apple Blocks Flash on the Mac Following Major Security Exploit
- Apple Ups the Secrecy with Wall Street
- Apple Pay Dominates Mobile Payment Platforms, Coming to Vending Machines [Updated]
- Tim Cook Says Apple Watch Will Ship in April