One of the new features in Mac OS X 10.1 can be found in Print Center. Print Center is the Mac OS X printer management software that replaces Classic Mac OSis Chooser and Print Manager. The new feature is a dock icon that provides status indicators within the dock similar to Appleis Mail application. While printing a document on a supported printer, the icon places the number of pages remaining to be printed on the top sheet of paper in the paper tray (located at the top of the icon). As the page prints, the page in the dock icon gradually moves through the printer and looks as if text is printed upon it as it appears in the output tray. Each page proceeds through the printer in this way, with the page numbers counting down until the print job reaches the last page. After completion, the icon returns to normal.
← Previous Article
We mentioned last week that Mac OS X 10.1 included most of the traditional Classic Mac OS screen shot capabilities…
Next Article →
We got a tip from Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus offering an easy solution for playing an iPod through your car…
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- Facebook Launches Atlas Ad Network to Sell You Elsewhere
- Laurene Powell Jobs 28th Wealthiest American, 4th Richest American Woman