Intelli Innovations, Inc. is shipping a new version of ProSQL, bringing it to version 2.0. ProSQL is a database management app designed for direct access to data without needing SQL query syntax knowledge. The latest release ships with several enhancements including a Favorites feature and Panther support. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, Inc. today released ProSQL 2.0, a major upgrade to its object-oriented remote database management system for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. ProSQL connects to remote MySQL, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, OpenBase, REALbasic Database, and ProSQL data sources.
New features and improvements in ProSQL 2.0:
- SQL Favorites stores commonly used SQL statements, allowing for easy "quick execution" from the SQL menu, or custom execution using the Favorites menu in the SQL Console
- New AppleScript query automation capabilities, allowing ProSQL to act as a helper application to other applications for SQL data retrieval. ProSQL can pass or tab-export any query via AppleScript commands
- Support for Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther"
- Single-file application distribution for easy installation and updates
- New rendering system for displaying on-screen queries, resulting in query speed increases up to 400% (compared to ProSQL 1.1.4, the last release)
- Drag-reorderable entries in the New Table editor, SQL Script Builder, Query Builder, and SQL Favorites window
- Redesigned database connection dialog to facilitate easier access to database servers
- Refinements for use on Mac OS X, including smooth window resizing and faster GUI performance
You can find more information about the latest ProSQL release at the Intelli Innovations, Inc. Web site. ProSQL is available for US$99.95.