Prosoft Engineering is shipping a new app for Mac users, Picture Rescue 1.0. Picture Rescue is a utility designed for recovering deleted images from drives or reformatted media cards. The app features support for file recovery of popular image types including JPEG and TIFF, and also can recover movie files in the AVI or MOV file formats. According to Prosoft Engineering:
Prosoft Engineering announces the availability of Picture Rescue for Mac OS X. Prosoft will demonstrate Picture Rescue, along with three award-winning products including Data Rescue, Data Recycler and Data Backup, at MacWorld Boston, July 13-15, 2004 in booth #444.
Picture Rescue, a software utility built for Mac OS X, that recovers deleted pictures, will be introduced and begin shipping on Tuesday at MacWorld Boston.
Picture Rescue can:
- Recover deleted pictures from your digital camera media (single delete or delete all functions)
- Recover pictures from a reformatted digital media card (except XD cards found in Olympus and Fuji cameras)
- Recover pictures from a corrupt digital media card (one that is no longer mounting or showing up when plugged into the camera or media reader)
- Works with all media card formats and adapters
- Recover all types of image files including JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and Raw formats from Cannon, Nikon, Olympus*, Pentax, Kodak, Minolta, Fuji*, Sigma, Foveon, Casion and Sony. It even recovers AVI, MPEG and MOV movies
- Performs powerful functions to ensure your pictures can be recovered. Standard directory scanning, advanced file scavenging, and media cards copies are automatically selected and performed when needed for optimum performance
- View and click on the pictures you recovered to. There is no need to recover every picture found, just the ones you want
- Select the drive you want the pictures to be recovered to. Picture Rescue makes no attempt to repair a damaged media card, therefore cannot cause additional damage or picture loss
You can find more information about the Picture Rescue release at the Prosoft Engineering Web site. Picture Rescue is available for US$59.00.