Clarkwood Software announces the immediate availability of ramBunctious 1.6.
ramBunctious 1.6 is a RAM disk program for the Mac OS. Its rich set of features lets you customize your RAM disks for your desired balance of speed, security, safety, and versatility.
- You can have several RAM disks mounted simultaneously, limited only by memory available.
- ramBunctious has a "write-through" option. When activated, everything written to the RAM disk is saved to a (real) file. This means that the next time you mount the RAM disk, all the contents are still there. This helps protect against data loss in the event of a crash or power failure.
- ramBunctious uses normal application memory. This means that when youire done using a RAM disk, that memory is available for other applications to use. In other words, you donit have to reboot to reclaim the memory.
- Each RAM disk may be configured to be mounted automatically during the computeris startup process.
- These options, and more, are fully user-configurable for each RAM disk via a status/settings window. In addition to the settings, the status window includes LED-like access indicators that flash when the RAM disk is being read from or written to.
- ramBunctious is fully AppleScriptable.
What is new in ramBunctious 1.6?
- Added progress dialogs for long operations such as loading a disk that is many hundreds of megabytes in size.
- Using navigation services creating and opening disk image files.
- Default name of new disk image files to end in a ".ramb" extension.
- Use theme colors for setting windows and progress dialogs.
- Application is purely PPC code and requires Mac OS 8.6 or higher.
- Get Info dialog in Finder on a mounted RAM disk now shows better information.
- When creating RAM disks larger than 32MB HFS+ is the default format.
- Minor bug fixes.
ramBunctious is available for US$25. You can find more information at the Clarkwood Software Web site.