The RecoSoft Corporation has released an update for VINC, bringing it to version 1.2. VINC is a document viewer and converter designed to alleviate document exchange issues encountered with cross-platform and Internet environments. The update features several enhancements including expanded file and language support. According to RecoSoft:
RecoSoft Corporation announces that it has started shipping VINC v1.2 a major upgrade to its integrated disk navigation, document viewing and conversion software.
VINC (View, Navigate & Convert) provides rapid viewing and conversion of files created in different word processing and graphics software. You can view and convert MSWord, AppleWorks, HTML, RTF, PNG, JPEG, Photoshop etc...files.
VINC v1.2 contains the following new features and enhancements :
- Added Support for the following file formats ; MSWord X, AppleWorks 5, RTF v1.7, HTML UTF-8, JPEG 2000 (requires Quicktime 6.0)
- Accurately converts Windows to Macintosh character encoding mappings
- Added support for Chinese, Korean, Central European and Cyrillic language AppleWorks, RTF and MSWord documents
- Reads all floating images (JPEG, PNG, PICT, TIFF & BMP) in AppleWorks documents
- Reads and Converts AppleWorks/Clarisworks Native Graphics
- Reads and converts WMF images stored in MSWord documents
- Conversion speeds have improved between 15 - 50%
- Improved format retention for all conversions
- Many other enhancements
You can find more information about the VINC update at the RecoSoft Corporation Web site. VINC 1.2 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.