Subband Software announced that AMP Radio has returned to its roots and changed itsname to MacAmp, and that version 2.0.0 of MacAmp has been released. MacAmpis still the great audio player youive grown to love, but now with a newname and great new features! MacAmp is simply the best way to turn yourMacintosh into an entire virtual home audio system! MacAmp allows you toconnect to the thousands of Internet radio stations constantly beingbroadcast with the SHOUTcast and Icecast protocols. Itis also one of thebest ways to play local audio files, featuring an excellent hierarchicalplaylist, with great sorting capabilities! MacAmp supports many audioformats, from MP3s to CD Audio, AIFF/Wav to the new Ogg Vorbis audio format,and many more. Most impressively, MacAmp is the first and best way tobroadcast your own live radio stream right from your Macintosh!
Key Features of MacAmp:
- Broadcasting Ability: Use MacAmp to create your own live radio stream,free!
- Incredible Playlist: MacAmpis hierarchical playlist is simple to use, butcontains incredible detail, with ID3 columns, inline editing and simpleorganization.
- Tracker: MacAmpis tracker helps users find thousands of Internet radiosstations and tune in with one click. One more click and the station isconveniently bookmarked for future use
- Great File Support: MacAmp supports all popular audio formats, includingMP3/MP2, AIFF/WAV, CD Audio, Ogg Vorbis, Midi and Mod files.
- Superb DSP Plugins: MacAmp features great DSP plugins to enhance your auralexperience. Use the EQ, the Mono Enhancer, and the Low Pass Filter to makeyour good music sound great.
- Recording: MacAmp allows you to record any MP3 stream you hear, with theclick of one button! Other types of audio can be recorded as AIFF files, forlater encoding. The AIFF Writer plugin allows for quick and easy ripping ofMP3 files to AIFF for burning on to CD!
MacAmp is available for US$15. You can find more information at the Subband Software Web site.