As hard as it is to believe, we successfully managed to dig deeper in order to find an older advertising than anything we posted last week! Thanks to Observer Andrew McIntosh - is his name any sort of indication of his favorite computer platform? You canit make this stuff up! - who sent this in:
Created by Kelly Advertising & Marketing in 1977 - before the Apple logo with rainbow colors! - this one is a gem. As a side note, we were told that the creator of the rainbow logo, named Rob Janoff, illustrated the famous Apple from a bowl of fruit, while Jobs had the idea...
Kelly Advertising has a history of marketing computers, and apparently, it was the firm that Steve Jobs turned to when first marketing Apple.
Do you have an old Apple ad sitting around? Scan it and send it to us so we can share it with other Mac fans.
Recent News See All »
- Amazon Wants to Turn You Home into a Web Store with Dash Buttons
- Adonit, Evernote Intro Higher Precision Jot Script 2 iPad Stylus
- Facebook is Tracking You Even if You Don’t Have an Account
- Musicians Launch ‘Tidal’ Streaming Music Service to Reestablish Value of Music
- Apple Retail Expands Trade-Ins to Non-Apple Phones
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- The New Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet Hits the Mark
- Tim Cook Blasts Indiana Discrimination Law, and it’s the Right thing to Do
- Steve Wozniak: Apple Watch Edition Won’t Move the World Forward
- The REAL Reason Apple’s iPad is Faltering
- 7 Things We Learned when Fortune Named Tim Cook World’s Greatest Leader