As hard as it is to believe, we successfully managed to dig deeper in order to find an older advertising than anything we posted last week! Thanks to Observer Andrew McIntosh - is his name any sort of indication of his favorite computer platform? You canit make this stuff up! - who sent this in:
Created by Kelly Advertising & Marketing in 1977 - before the Apple logo with rainbow colors! - this one is a gem. As a side note, we were told that the creator of the rainbow logo, named Rob Janoff, illustrated the famous Apple from a bowl of fruit, while Jobs had the idea...
Kelly Advertising has a history of marketing computers, and apparently, it was the firm that Steve Jobs turned to when first marketing Apple.
Do you have an old Apple ad sitting around? Scan it and send it to us so we can share it with other Mac fans.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Tim Cook Worked Hard to Sell Us on Apple’s Future while CFO Luca Maestri Apologized
- Apple Misses Wall Street Estimates on Earnings, iPhone, Mac, and Raises Dividend
- The John Sculley Interview: Apple’s DNA, Walks With Steve Jobs and More