Power On Software, Inc. today announcedthat it has released a new version of its Macworld Best of Showaward-winning utility, Rewind?. The new version adds interfaceenhancements, support for Mac OS 9.1, and addresses a number of usabilityand performance issues. Rewind is a unique new product that automaticallyprovides continuous protection to a useris system and data from the momentit is installed. Rewind is ideal for all Macintosh users, from beginnersand novices to users in critical production environments. Rewind providesthe ability to recover from errors or accidental data loss and to revivefrozen or misbehaving systems instantly.
Rewind Version 1.1 offers the following enhancements:
- Inclusion of support for Mac OS 9.1
- Added the ability to display specific types of events in the Rewind Diskswindow with a new filter popup menu
- Updated the user interface to provide a more familiar and modern look
- Modified to significantly reduce situations where Internet Explorer wouldreport it was out of memory and could not open new windows
- Updated to address situations where Rewind did not remove outdated filesto ensure user space preferences were maintained.
"Rewind is a critical product for protecting a useris data and system,"said John Wallace, President of Power On Software. "It is unique andessential, and we are working hard to make certain that Rewind releasesfollow Apple System software releases in close proximity. Rewind for Mac OSX is our next major milestone."
Rewind is available for US$99.95. You can find more information at the Power On Web site.