Another Mac game is one step closer to hitting store shelves; Aspyr announced today that Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII has hit gold, and will begin shipping next week. According to the company, the game will hit store shelves on October 23rd.
Secret Weapons of WWII is an expansion for Battlefield 1942, and requires the full game to play. The premise behind this expansion pack is to put some of the many secret and unfinished weapons projects that never saw actual combat in history onto the battlefield, under your control. It also includes new maps, as well as new vehicles.
- Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII requires Battlefield 1942 to play
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
- PowerPC G4/G5, 867MHZ or faster
- 256MB of RAM, 1.6GB free disc space
- 3D Graphics Acceleration required (ATI Radeon 7500/nVidia GeForce 2 or better)
- 32MB of VRAM
- DVD drive to install and play
- Multiplayer requires Internet and LAN (TCP/IP) play support and a 56Kbps or faster connection.
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII is priced at US$29.99 (Amazon). The full version of Battlefield 1942 is priced at $44.99 (Amazon). You can find more information on the game at Aspyris Web site.