Ben Software announced the immediate availablilty of a major upgrade to their SecuritySpy software for the Mac on Friday. Enhancements in version 1.4 include custom groups of specified cameras, MPEG-4 streaming from one copy of the software to another, and Web-based configuration for video devices. The complete list of enhancements has been published at the Bensoftware.com Website.
SecuritySpy is a Mac OS X application that manages input from a variety of security camera devices. The major features are:
- Displays and captures live video from multiple cameras simultaneously
- Motion Detection and Time lapse capture features, with audio
- Supports Macintosh-compatible video and audio input devices
- Supports network video devices (Axis, JVC, Panasonic, Pixord, D-Link etc)
- Built-in web server for remote viewing and administration
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support for many network cameras
A single camera license is priced at US$50, four cameras at US$125 and unlimited cameras is priced at US$500.