DXoft has released a maintenance update for Software & Hardware Tracker, bringing it to version 4.1.2. Software & Hardware Tracker is an organizational app designed to store registration codes, serial numbers, and other info about the useris computer products. The features performance enhancements including record export. According to DXoft:
Software & Hardware Tracker 4.1.2 is now available. It resolves some minor issues in the original 4.0.x releases and now includes a Mac OS X version of the FileMaker Pro 5.5 runtime application.
A complete version history comes with the program. Here are the main changes in version 4.1.2 (12/1/2001):
- It is now possible to export Software & Hardware Tracker records so that they may be easily imported into DXoft Get Info: just use the new "Export as Get Info Registrations" script in the Product Tracker
- Because some users do not want to have to enter a password at startup, the FAQ section of the manual now describes how to make the program use a password by default (much like the automatic login procedure under Mac OS X
- Fixed a typo in the "Validate databases" script
- As long as your system is set to use the U.S. formats for numbers, date and time, the program shouldnit ask you which format youid like to use for data entry
- Released as a "Carbon" installer created with Mindvision iVISE 7.4, for three reasons: to prevent users from trying to use a read-only disk image as a read-write volume; to reduce the size of the release; because the installeris requirements are the same as the programis, so if one can run the former, one can also run the latter
You can find more information about the Software & Hardware Tracker maintenance update at the DXoft Web site. Software & Hardware Tracker 4.1.2 is available for US$25.00.