A Kansas couple learned the hard way that it isnit just Dell laptops that can catch fire. Paul and Juli Kupperman lost their Sony Vaio laptop on Wednesday when it burst into flames not once, but twice, according to KMBC-TV 9.
In this case, the laptop was shut off but charging. Mrs. Kupperman said that flames "started to shoot out from all different directions," so she used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames. While she was on the phone telling her husband what happened, it burst into flames again.
It takes two shots to extinguish a Sony battery.
By the time the fire department arrived, Mrs. Kupperman had tossed the laptop out into the driveway where she shot it with the fire extinguisher for good measure.
Her advice? "I would say donit leave your laptop plugged in when youire not right there with them."
Earlier this month, Dell issued a recall for 4.1 million laptop batteries that Sony manufactured. In June, a Dell laptop burst into flames during a conference in Japan.