Michael Tsai announced on Monday that his SpamSieve software has been updated to version 2.6. The new version has significant enhancements:
- SpamSieve now works with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Improved detection of image spams and phishing messages.
- Made various message analysis improvements to increase the accuracy of the Bayesian filter.
- AppleScripting the whitelist and blocklist is much more efficient for scripts that access a lot of rules.
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- The Software Update checker now works behind an HTTP proxy, and the auto-updater is now compatible with FileVault.
SpamSieve is a powerful spam filtering program that uses Bayesian spam filtering. It supports Apple Mail, Emailer, Entourage, Eudora, Mailsmith, Outlook Express, PowerMail, and Thunderbird.
For additional details on the upgrade, see the SpamSieve Website.
SpamSieve requires Mac OS X 10.2.8, and 10.4 is recommended. The upgrade is free to owners of previous versions. SpamSieve is priced at US$30.00