C-Command Software announced on Wednesday the immediate release of SpamSieve 2.7. The new version now requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, has added accuracy improvements with obfuscations, image attachments, URLs, HTML and more.
According to C-Command, the update also includes the following enhancements:
- Improved corpus speed and memory use.
- Made various improvements to the column widths and alignments ???in the rules and corpus windows, and added alternating row colors.
- Fixed a rare problem where Apple Mail on Mac OS X 10.5 might hang if you trained a message as spam while Mail was downloading messages.
- If the OS reports an error when playing a sound as an alert sound, SpamSieve now plays it using the normal sound channel.
- Increased the range of possible values for the uncertain spam threshold.
- Improved sorting of sound names in the pop-up menu.
- Fixed bug where SpamSieve wouldnit launch if the "Microsoft User Data" folder had been replaced by an alias file that was invalid.
- No longer shows the **Reset Corpus/History** alert at launch ?if you hold down other modifier keys in addition to Command-Option.
- Updated the Dutch localization.
SpamSieve 2.7 requires OS X Tiger or later and is priced at US$30.00. The update is free for owners of previous versions.