Spiny has released a new app for Mac users, Xbench 1.0. Xbench is a benchmarking utility designed for speed comparison and optimizations. The app ships an accompanied Web site for graphical comparison and improved detection features. According to Spiny:
After a long period of beta testing, Spiny has released Xbench 1.0, a comprehensive Macintosh benchmarking utility.
Hereis whatis new:
- first non-beta release
- added "Model" detection
- added CPU Version detection
- made cache reporting more reliable on upgraded machines
- made processor type detection more reliable on upgraded machines
- corrected a crash while gathering cache information
- improved video card detection on a variety of machines
- fixed detection of dual processors
- fixed a problem causing the UI test to display progressively lower results each time it was run
- added progress sheet for results submission
- fixed a potential crash while submitting
You can find more information about the Xbench release at the Spiny Web site. Xbench is available as donationware.