Spotlight, the search function built in to Mac OS X 10.4, made the Popular Science Best Of Whatis New 2005 list. Spotlightis ability to update its search database on the fly, access from Open and Save dialogs, and powerful metadata search capabilities all helped earn it a place on the "Best Of" list. The list also includes a readeris poll where you can vote for your favorite technology.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi