Spotlight, the search function built in to Mac OS X 10.4, made the Popular Science Best Of Whatis New 2005 list. Spotlightis ability to update its search database on the fly, access from Open and Save dialogs, and powerful metadata search capabilities all helped earn it a place on the "Best Of" list. The list also includes a readeris poll where you can vote for your favorite technology.
← Previous Article
Michael Tsai has released version 2.4 of SpamSieve, his Bayesian spam filter for Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage and Outlook 5,…
Next Article →
GroupSmarts announced the immediate availability of MemoryMiner as a public beta application on Wednesday. The application works with iPhoto and…
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- Facebook Launches Atlas Ad Network to Sell You Elsewhere
- Laurene Powell Jobs 28th Wealthiest American, 4th Richest American Woman