Sometimes when Iim involved in a presentation, I need to change the volume on my PowerBook. I like having the "bloop, bloop, bloop" of the volume feedback active so I have some idea of how loud my speakers are, but that sound can be distracting when you or someone else is trying to teach. I avoid the problem by holding down the Shift key while I use the F4 and F5 keys to lower or raise my Macis volume. This trick temporarily mutes the volume feedback without disabling it in the Sound Preference Pane, and avoids the alert sound beep you get from the Volume menubar slider.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch