Sometimes when Iim involved in a presentation, I need to change the volume on my PowerBook. I like having the "bloop, bloop, bloop" of the volume feedback active so I have some idea of how loud my speakers are, but that sound can be distracting when you or someone else is trying to teach. I avoid the problem by holding down the Shift key while I use the F4 and F5 keys to lower or raise my Macis volume. This trick temporarily mutes the volume feedback without disabling it in the Sound Preference Pane, and avoids the alert sound beep you get from the Volume menubar slider.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks
- iPhoneography 101: Photo Post Processing on Your iPhone
- Why Apple’s Next Generation TV Project is on Hold