ScienceQuest has released an update for SwapSwapVM, bringing it to version 0.9.9b4. SwapSwapVM is a utility designed for easy OS X swapfile handling. The update features functionality improvements and bug fixes. According to ScienceQuest:
SwapSwapVM is an AppleScript application made with Smile written to change the target volume (disk; partition) for the Virtual Memory swapfiles in OS X 10.2.x Jaguar. It has been vigorously tested on various configurations under OS X 10.2.0 through 10.2.4.
New features in version 0.9.9b4 include:
- Qualified for use with OS X 10.2.4
- Added better error handling for iCanit get current VMi
- Added better error handling for iCanit parse disksi
- Added still more improved error handling everywhere else
- Removed all modal dialogs
- Improved error information -- less ominous and less arcane!
- Fixed a launch error if logged under root
- Updated Documentation
You can find more information about the SwapSwapVM update at the ScienceQuest Web site. SwapSwapVM 0.9.9b4 is donationware and is currently in beta form. SwapSwapVM requires a default installation of OS X 10.2 through 10.2.4 Jaguar (including BSD) and a minimum 832x624 screen resolution.