T-Squared Software has released an update for FootTrack, bringing it to version 1.6. FootTrack is a utility designed for the cataloging and compression of video footage. The update features a smart group function and expanded viewing options. According to T-Squared Software:
T-Squared Software today updated FootTrack with some great new features.
FootTrack is a Mac OS X application that allows you to capture, catalog and easily search your digital video tape footage. You can think of it as iPhoto for your digital video.
The new features:
- You can now have groups of clips that are independent of any tapes
- Smart groups. Familiar with smart playlists in iTunes or smart albums in iPhoto? Now you have the same functionality in FootTrack. Want every clip from 2003 in a group? How about every video clip with no description yet? No problem!
- When you select the top level iTapesi or iGroupsi you now see a table view that shows information about all your cataloged tapes or groups
- You can now easily see which clips have been compressed and/or have their original DV clip available at a glance. Each clip now has a "C" or "D" badge at the bottom corner of the clip image where appropriate
- Fixed a bug where importing analog footage that had been moved to a digital tape was losing itis timecode on import
- Some performance enhancements and minor bug fixes
- Updated help files with many new pages
You can find more information about the FootTrack update at the product home page. FootTrack 1.6 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$29.95.