TechTool announced the immediate availability of its new diagnostic and repair tool, TechTool Protege, on Friday. Protege is a Flash drive-sized tool kit that includes a bootable copy of Mac OS X, TechTool Pro, DiskStudio, and several other utilities. The Flash drive connects to Macs via a FireWire connector, giving you a pocket-sized diagnostic tool kit that can boot a Mac, diagnose and repair system and hardware related issues, as well as recover lost files, partition hard drives, and more. TechTool Protege is priced at US$230.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi