Yahoo! is running a Web poll looking for the five best advertising slogans of all time (thanks to Observer Creole for the heads up in the TMO forums), and one of the 26 choices is Appleis famous "Think Different" campaign slogan. The Internet power house will forever immortalized the five advertising slogans chosen by Web denizens in the "Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame."
"Think Different" was the first major branding campaigns from Apple after the return of Steve Jobs to the helm in 1997. It helped launch the iMac, and many have since credited the campaign with helping to relaunch Apple in the minds of consumers.
From Yahoo!is Web site:
Even though theyire part of our everyday conversation, theyire anything but ordinary. Give your favorite ad slogan the credit it deserves and it could be one of five winners to be remembered forever in the "Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame." You only have one vote to make a statement, so put some thought into it.
- A diamond is forever. (DeBeers)
- A mind is a terrible thing to waste. (United Negro College Fund)
- Be all you can be. (U.S. Army)
- Can you hear me now? (Verizon)
- Doniit leave home without it. (American Express)
- Fly the friendly skies. (United Airlines)
- Friends donit let friends drive drunk. (U.S. Dept. of Transportation)
- Got Milk? (California Milk Processor Board)
- It takes a lickini, but it keeps on tickini. (Timex)
- Just do it. (Nike)
- Let your fingers do the walking. (Yellow Pages)
- Look Mom, no cavities! (Crest)
- Melts in your mouth, not in your hands. (M&Mis)
- Reach out and touch someone. (AT&T)
- Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you donit. (Almond Joy/Mounds)
- Tastes great, less filling. (Miller)
- The ultimate driving machine. (BMW)
- Think Different (Apple)
- Time to make the doughnuts. (Dunkin Donuts)
- Wassup?! (Budweiser)
- We bring good things to life. (General Electric)
- We try harder. (Avis)
- When you care enough to send the very best. (Hallmark Cards)
- Whereis the beef? (Wendyis)
- You deserve a break today! (McDonalds) Youive come a long way baby. (Virginia Slims)
The results will be announced in September, and the site is not revealing live numbers for the poll. Yahoo! also appears to be taking precautions to prevent multiple votes. You can vote for your pick at Yahoo!is Web site.