Totalview released version 2.0 of its memory debugger, Memoryscape, on Wednesday. The new version includes the ability to debug Message Passing Interface (MPI) and remote applications. This is useful for cluster-based applications.
Memoryscape 2 includes the following new features:
- Works with MPICH 1 and 2 , LAM, Open MPI, MVAPICH, Quadrics, MPT, Intel MPI, IBM POE, and Sun Cluster Tools
- Remote Application Memory Debugging
- View data contained with a heap block
- Switch from view to view within the same process
- Navigate across a browser like history list
- Filter Heap Data Based on Backtrace ID
More information about version 2 can be found at Totalviewis Website.
The new features are expected to assist developers as they begin to tackle the latest multi-core and multi-threaded applications.
MemoryScape is an easy-to-use, interactive memory debugger that helps developers identify, inspect and resolve difficult memory problems in C, C++ and Fortran, including complex multi-process and multi-threaded programs. MemoryScape is built upon the same technology that powers the TotalView Debugger, according to Totalview.
Memoryscape 2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and an entry-level, single user license is priced at US$1495.00.