Trolltech has released an update for Qt, bringing it to version 3.2. Qt is a utility designed for cross-platform software development. The latest release features several enhancements including DB2 support and expanded language support. According to Trolltech:
Trolltech today announced the release of Qt, version 3.2.
Qt, Trolltechis C++ multiplatform application framework, is the industry-leading C++ tool used to create applications that run natively on Windows, Linux/Unix and Mac OS X, all from the same codebase.
The release of Qt 3.2 includes hundreds of enhancements and features that enable developers to build high-performance, low maintenance multiplatform applications. While Qt 3.2 is essentially an enhancement of the large number of existing features provided by Qt.
- The SQL support in Qt 3.2 includes drivers for IBMis DB2, complete support for stored procedures, and improved connection parameters
- The addition of Indic script input and rendering means that Qt 3.2 now supports all major script-based languages, including advanced languages such as Hindi and Bengali
- Qt 3.2 now includes a completely re-written, faster font rendering engine
- Qt Designer now has a visual menu editor, and enhanced support for adding complex, custom container widgets (such as custom tabwidgets). Qt Designer also features improved ActiveQt integration
- Qt Motif integration has been enhanced by additional documentation and code samples. This integration, originally released in Qt 3.1,allows gradual migration of complex legacy applications written in Motif to Qt
- Qt Assistant has been has been made more customizable. Developers can integrate Qt Assistant into their applications to provide a powerful a help system
The Qt library now also includes several new classes, including:
- QSplashScreen (add splash screens to applications)
- QToolBox (a toolbox that provides a column of tabbed widgets)
- QThreadStorage (thread data storage support)
- The QLineEdit widget now supports input masks in addition to validators
You can find more information about the Qt update at the Trolltech Web site. Qt is available starting at US$1,550