Managing Editor Inc. has announced the upcoming release of TrueEdit 3.0. TrueEdit is a plug-in designed for the transferring of Adobeis InDesign CS and InCopy CS files. The latest release features numerous enhancements including drag-and-drop support library opening support directly in the TrueEdit pallette. According to Managing Editor Inc:
Managing Editor Inc. (MEI), a Philadelphia-based provider of software solutions for the publishing industry, today announced the release of TruEdit® 3.0, designed to work with the new Adobe® InDesign® CS and InCopy® CS.
TruEdit is a cross-platform, folder-based solution that dramatically shortens production cycle times and offers publishers, design firms, and corporate creative groups an affordable entry into workflow management by organizing all content in a convenient palette within InDesign and InCopy.
In addition to new compatibility, TruEdit 3.0 offers users a host of new features, including the ability to:
- Drag-and-drop images directly from the TruEdit Preview window to InDesign
- Check-in, check-out, and cancel checkout from InDesign layouts
- Customize column widths and hide or show columns in the TruEdit palette
- Open InDesign libraries from the TruEdit palette
- Manage workflow folders and easily switch from one workflow to another
- Preview InDesign layouts from the TruEdit palette
- Add or delete folders directly from the TruEdit palette
- Export text to InCopy with a choice of three layout views: text only, page spread only, or entire document
You can find more information about the TrueEdit 3.0 release at the Managing Editor Inc. Web site. TrueEdit will be available May 24th for US$249.00 individually for InDesign and InCopy versions.