Hello again, fellow Mac users!
Itis me, your friendly new director of promotions and propaganda, here to remind you about The Mac Observeris knockdown, drag-out, spectacular, mega super, fantastic, mind-blowing, better-than-Cats, must-see, umm.... what was I talking about? Oh yeah, the Panther Desktop Image Contest!
Time is quickly running out (mainly because the TMO employees from whom I "borrowed" this monthis prizes, will soon find my secret hiding place) so dust off your digital cameras, fire up Photoshop, Illustrator or your application of choice, and get busy!
[Devious Hint For those TMO readers outside of the US: Thursday is the Thanksgiving holiday in America so while most of them are asleep on the couch, drooling from too much turkey, you can take the opportunity to race ahead of them on your designs. Allis fair when weire talking about FREE STUFF.]
Speaking of FREE STUFF, let me remind you of the stash weire talking about here.The Booty:
|Grand Prize Bundle|
El Gatois EyeTV / Remote Wonder Bundle
Find all the TV shows you want to see and watch them whenever you want. Pause live television. Skip commercials. And do it all from the other side of the room. With the EyeTV/Remote Wonder bundle, youive got all you need to turn your Mac into the ultimate multimedia station. - Retail Price: US$214.95
FirewireDirectis Spark 800 FireWire 800 2.5" hard drive enclosure
Retail Price: US$139.95
FireWire 800 1394b PCI Host Adapter [Windows/Mac]
Retail Price: US$79.95
TMOis newest shirt, inspired by The Matrix. Itis a cool shirt, and you will be eligible to win a TMO mug just by sending us a picture of you wearing your shirt someplace cool! - Retail Price: US$16.95
|Total Grand Prize Value: US$451.80!|
Everyone with a submission accepted in the contest will be eligible for a Random Drawing prize!
|Random Drawing Prize|
|PowerMate is the coolest volume knob your computer has ever seen ? and so much more. Use it to edit home movies or scroll through long documents and web pages. Best of all, PowerMate is an assignable controller. Program it to do anything you want in any application. Customize it to your own needs and get wild. - Retail Price: US$39.99|
|TMOis newest shirt, inspired by The Matrix. - Retail Price: US$16.95|
|Total Prize Package: US$56.94!|
- Submissions are due by December 15, winners will be announced December 31st
- Submit your entries as a single compressed folder (zip or stuffit) to email@example.com. Include your name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address in the e-mail.
- You must provide desktops in the following sizes: 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1440x900, 1280x1024, 1280x854, 1024x768.
- The unaltered TMO logo may be integrated. (logo available for download).
- You can not use any third party copyrighted material in your design.
- Please include a description of how you made it, software, art sources, techniques, etc. You can even include your hardware specs.
- Staff members and employees of The Mac Observer and BackBeat Media can submit desktop images, but are not eligible for prizes. TMO forum moderators are eligible for prizes.
- TMO reserves the right to reject or accept any submission for any reason.
You only have a few weeks left to work, so get creative and submit those desktop images!
TMO director of promotions and propaganda
Fine Print (The evil lawyer stuff):
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions sent to any other address are not valid.
- Submissions must be received between 12:00am EST on November 15, 2003 and 12:00am EST on December 15, 2003. Anything received outside of these dates is not considered valid.
- No purchase is required to enter, and contestants may enter as may times as they wish.
- Rules subject to change without prior notice.
- The Mac Observer, Inc. reserves the right to review all contest entries for use at its discretion without compensation to contestants. By sending your contest entries, you have agreed to have them posted to our Web site and/or reproduced in any materials of our choosing, without attribution.