Researchers at the University of Oklahoma have created a four-wheel robot that uses a Mac mini for its brain and an iSight camera to view and hear its environment. MacDailyNews reports that the computer connects to the robot via a USB-to-serial adapter, with iChat transmitting auditory and visual data through a FireWire cable. Researchers chose the Mac mini because of its size as well as its built-in wireless and FireWire connectivity.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- iOS 9 Content Blockers - Bring ‘Em On!