Researchers at the University of Oklahoma have created a four-wheel robot that uses a Mac mini for its brain and an iSight camera to view and hear its environment. MacDailyNews reports that the computer connects to the robot via a USB-to-serial adapter, with iChat transmitting auditory and visual data through a FireWire cable. Researchers chose the Mac mini because of its size as well as its built-in wireless and FireWire connectivity.
Recent News See All »
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates