Researchers at the University of Oklahoma have created a four-wheel robot that uses a Mac mini for its brain and an iSight camera to view and hear its environment. MacDailyNews reports that the computer connects to the robot via a USB-to-serial adapter, with iChat transmitting auditory and visual data through a FireWire cable. Researchers chose the Mac mini because of its size as well as its built-in wireless and FireWire connectivity.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi