Researchers at the University of Oklahoma have created a four-wheel robot that uses a Mac mini for its brain and an iSight camera to view and hear its environment. MacDailyNews reports that the computer connects to the robot via a USB-to-serial adapter, with iChat transmitting auditory and visual data through a FireWire cable. Researchers chose the Mac mini because of its size as well as its built-in wireless and FireWire connectivity.
Recent News See All »
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay
- CES Rebrands iLounge Pavilion as iProducts, Hopes to Attract Macworld Expo Exhibitors
- Apple Reverses PCalc Decision; App and Widget Can Stay
- Microsoft Joins the Fitness Tracking Game with Fitness Band
- Apple: Widgets Can’t Calculate, Orders Featured Calculator Widget Removed