Recosoft Corporation has announced a new version of PDF2Office, its PDF conversion utility. The software can take a PDF file and convert it to Microsoftis Office format, an RTF document, or AppleWorksi format.
The new version includes improved conversions, making the converted file closer to the original. It will also grab all images, text formatting, headers and footers, and other elements from the PDF.
According to Recosoft, new features include:
- Open PDF documents directly in Microsoft Word PDF2Office v2.0 integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Word X/2004 enabling you to directly open PDF documents within Microsoft Word.
- Layout Reconstruction Dramatically enhanced the conversion and layout reconstruction of complexly formatted PDF documents to word processing formats.
- Forms Processing PDF2Office v2.0 now includes a forms processing mode, retaining a highly accurate page for page layout of the PDF document - ideal for forms oriented document editing.
- Acrobat 6 PDF document support Added support for Acrobat 6 (PDF v1.5) specific documents.
- Image compression and resolution support Compression and resolution settings can be specified when extracting images from PDF documents or converting PDF page(s) to an image.
Pricing for the product is as follows:
PDF2Office v2.0 Professional Edition US$129.00
PDF2Office v2.0 Professional Edition Upgrade License $59.00
PDF2Office v2.0 Professional Edition Education License $89.00
Customers who buy version 1.1 of the software on or before October 1st are eligible for a free upgrade to version 2, which is expected to ship in December, 2004. You can find more information on the current version of the product at Recosoftis Web site, but the company has not yet added a Web page for version 2.