Washington state has fined Apple US$100,000 for not registering with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, as required by a 1999 law. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said that Apple failed to register as a service contract provider from 2000 to 2004. The company is now registered, however, and Mr. Kreidler said no complaints were filed.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi