Washington state has fined Apple US$100,000 for not registering with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, as required by a 1999 law. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said that Apple failed to register as a service contract provider from 2000 to 2004. The company is now registered, however, and Mr. Kreidler said no complaints were filed.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Continues to Plunder Fashion Industry with Another Burberry Hire
- Missouri Law Would Require Photo ID for Apple Pay Purchases
- Apple to Support some Non-HomeKit Devices Through Apple TV
- Adobe Patches One Critical Zero-day Flash Exploit, Leaves Another for Next Week
- Apple Loses Retail Tycoon Mickey Drexler from Board