Washington state has fined Apple US$100,000 for not registering with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, as required by a 1999 law. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said that Apple failed to register as a service contract provider from 2000 to 2004. The company is now registered, however, and Mr. Kreidler said no complaints were filed.
Recent News See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- Apple to Accept Some Cracked Screens in iPhone Trade-in Program and Install Screen Protectors