Washington state has fined Apple US$100,000 for not registering with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner, as required by a 1999 law. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said that Apple failed to register as a service contract provider from 2000 to 2004. The company is now registered, however, and Mr. Kreidler said no complaints were filed.
Recent News See All »
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency