IK Multimedia announced the released of AmpliTube iRig Thursday, a device that when combined with the AmpliTube for iPhone app allows guitarists and bass players to turn their iPhone or iPod touch into a guitar amp with effects pedals.
As seen in the image below, AmpliTube iRig has a 1/4” input for plugging in your guitar or bass. On the other end of the device is a cable that plugs into your iPhone through its headphone jack, along with another line out for your headphones, earphones, or powered speakers.
The AmpliTube for iPhone mobile app is a version of the company’s amp and effects-modelling software designed especially for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app is offered in three versions, Free, LE, and Full:
- AmpliTube FREE: Includes 2 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, and 2 microphones.
- AmpliTube LE: Includes 4 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones for US$2.99/€2.39.
(More gear can be added to FREE and LE through in-app purchase of a-la-carte models with stompboxes costing $2.99/€2.39 each and amplifiers + cabinets for $4.99/€3.99 each.)
- AmpliTube FULL: Includes the entire collection of available gear with 10 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets and 2 microphones for $19.99/€15.99.
- Real-time guitar and bass mobile multi-FX app
- Full rig made by 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp + cabinet + mic
- 10 Stomps, 5 Amps, 5 Cabinets, 2 Mics available
- Import and play along with songs and backing tracks with real-time effects
- 36 presets can be saved/recalled on the fly
- Includes tuner/metronome
- FREE, LE and Full versions available
- FREE and LE versions expandable with a-la-carte downloadable gear
- Same low-latency as Mac/PC system
The app isn’t yet available for download, but iRig is available for pre-order for $39.99/€29.99. It’s expected to ship in the next few weeks, but IK Multimedia hasn’t given a specific release date yet.