Apple has released version 6.0 of its Apple TV software for 2nd and 3rd generation models. The update includes support for iTunes Radio, AirPlay from the Cloud and more.
Here are the builds:
- Apple TV 2G (AppleTV2,1) version 6.0 (Build 11A470e)
- Apple TV 3G (AppleTV3,1) version 6.0 (Build 11A470e)
- AppleTV3,2 (AppleTV3,2) version 6.0 (Build 11A470e)
Apple TV 2G (model A1378) was the first small, black device released in September 2010. The 3G unit was released in March 2012 (model A1427) and added 1080p capability. The latest (model A1469) was released in January 2013.
When you boot up, you'll see a summary of new features:
- iTunes Radio
- iCloud Photos and Videos. (View photos and watch videos that are added to your shared photo streams.)
- Sync Podcasts across Apple TV and all iOS devices
- iTunes Music Store. Browse, purchase and play.
- AirPlay from iCloud, described above.
- New content from Disney, Smithsonian, Vevo and the Weather Channel.
To update your Apple TV, go to the home screen, then Settings -> General -> Update Software.