Apple released Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1 late on Monday. The firmware update for Apple's aluminum keyboard improves battery life in the wireless version when using other Bluetooth devices including the Magic Mouse.
The update also corrects an issue in the USB and Bluetooth versions of the keyboard where keystrokes unexpectedly repeat, and improves battery life in the Bluetooth keyboard when using some Bluetooth headsets.
The installer will update the USB version of the keyboard to 0.69 and the Bluetooth version to 321.
You can check to see if your Apple Aluminum Keyboard already has the new firmware installed by doing this:
- Make sure your keyboard is connected to your Mac.
- Choose Apple menu > About this Mac
- Click More Info
- Choose Bluetooth from the hardware list in the System Profiler application if you have the Bluetooth version of the keyboard, or USB if you have the USB version.
- Be sure to select your keyboard if more than one device appears in the device list.
- The current keyboard firmware version number will appear in the Version field.
Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1 is available as a free download at Apple's Support Web site.