Apple updated the current generation of Apple TV (the second generation) to iOS 4.2.2 on Thursday. The update includes several bug fixes for issues including audio, video playback, fast forwarding, descriptions, and a YouTube issue.
- Audio - Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback - Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting - Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements - Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description - Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order - Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
You can download the update through your Apple TV — Apple offers instructions on its site for doing so.