Apple released iOS 5.0.1 Thursday, an update that addresses the poor battery life experienced by some users under iOS 5. The update also adds some multitasking gestures to the original iPad, as well other improvements.
Apple’s patch note:
iOS 5.0.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
The update can be downloaded over the air, the first such update where users can do this. It’s also available through iTunes like prior updates.