Apple updated iOS to version 5.1.1 on Monday. The update includes several bug fixes involving HDR photography, new iPad networking issues, AirPlay, bookmark syncing in Safari, and an issue involving making App Store and iTunes purchases on your devices.
Patch Notes on iPhone
Apple’s patch notes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
As shown in the screenshot, the patch notes also point to Apple’s security site for more information, but that site does not yet include this update.
The update can be downloaded through iTunes on Mac and Windows, or through your iPhone and iPad directly.
The update is available for iPad, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd Gen), and iPod touch (4th Gen), as noted by @AppleiOS on Twitter.