Apple updated iTunes to version 9.0.1, a maintenance release for the new iTunes 9 that includes what Apple characterized as "important bug fixes." Most of the bug fixes deal with performance and interface issues.
The full list of changes from Apple's patch notes:
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
The update is a 89.8MB download through Software Update in Snow Leopard. Windows users can download the update through the Apple Updater application, which is accessed in the Help menu of iTunes.