Apple released Pro Applications Update 2010-02 Wednesday, an update with fixes and improvements for Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio. Those fixes includes support for new cameras, bug fixes, and other changes.
According to the patch notes, issues addressed in this update include the following:
Final Cut Pro
- Real-time compatibility with Sony XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
- Log and Transfer compatibility with Sony NXCAM SD.
- Control-G not closing the correct gap in the Timeline under the playhead.
- Closed captioning data is now preserved when outputting to AJA Io HD with Print to Tape/Video.
- Performance issue when importing AVCHD with LPCM audio.
- AVCHD thumbnail images in SD are now the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.
- XML export now retains the carriage return when working with text and third-party applications.
- Several memory fragmentation issues have been resolved.
- Localized versions of Final Cut Pro now recognize HDV devices that use the 1080i60/1080i50 FireWire Basic Easy Setups.
- Log and Transfer supports ingesting more than one format recorded to the same SD card.
- Corrupted display of the camera controls with certain graphics processors.
- Adds a compression setting optimized for iPad and iPhone 4.
- Adds compatibility with XDCAM HD422 720p24/p25/p30.
You can download the update through Software Update (if you have any of the affected apps installed on your Mac), or through the update’s Web page on Apple’s site.