Apple has released Apple Remote 2.1 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, an update that includes AirPlay support, streaming Internet radio stations control, and more. The app is used to control Apple TV and iTunes from anywhere in your home, allowing you to play audio and video to and through Apple TV or your computers.
Apple’s patch notes:
- AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
- Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
- The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
- Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
- Includes stability and performance improvements
Apple Remote is free, and the 2.1 update is available now from the App Store.