Apple on Tuesday afternoon released incremental updates to its entire professional video product line, updating Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4. All updates are free for current owners of the products and are available now from the Mac App Store.
FInal Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor
Final Cut Pro X was updated to version 10.0.4, bringing:
- Improved image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices
- Improved performance of multicam syncing and editing
- Language support for Simplified Chinese
Motion was upgraded to version 5.0.3 and includes:
- Improved loading time for projects
- Improved performance of text editing in the Canvas
- Fixed issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones
- Resolved a stability issue that could occur when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool
- Corrected the pixel aspect ration display of Anamorphic clips
Compressor goes to version 4.0.3 and adds:
- Ability to run Compressor as an encoding node on a Mac without a monitor
- Fixed an issue with exporting when logged in as an Open Directory user
- Improved performance when encoding mp4 and AVI files.