Other changes in the new version include SDKs for Lion and iOS 4.3, support for full-screen mode in Lion, and various other interface tweaks and enhancements. Xcode 4.1 also requires Lion.
Xcode is Apple’s set of developer tools for creating software for the Mac and apps for iOS.
Apple’s patch notes:
What’s new in Xcode 4.1 for OS X Lion
- Includes SDKs for OS X Lion and iOS 4.3
- Interface Builder support for Auto Layout and new Aqua controls such as NSPopover
- Full screen support in workspace, project, and organizer windows
- Project modernization to identify and resolve out of date build settings
- Behaviors can be customized and assigned to unique key bindings
- Source control enhancements to pushing, pulling, and management of remote servers
- Assistant editor support for display of generated assembly and preprocessed output
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Xcode 4.1 is free, and it’s on the Mac App Store now.