A good mix tape is a critical part of any galaxy guarding hero's arsenal, just as Star-Lord can tell you. His mix tape from the Guardians of the Galaxy movie is worth of a Nova Corps commendation, so we searched through the iTunes Store to put together his list for you -- complete with the track that was cut from the movie.
Star-Lord's Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede from Hooked On a Feeling - Single ($1.29)
- Go All the Way by Raspberries from Raspberries ($1.29)
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum from Spirit in the Sky ($0.99)
- Moonage Daydream by David Bowie from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust ($1.29)
- Fooled Around and Fell in Love by Elvin Bishop from Struttin' My Stuff ($1.29)
- I'm Not in Love by 10cc from The Very Best of 10cc ($1.29)
- I Want You Back by Jackson 5 from Jackson 5: The Ultimate Collection ($1.29)
- Come and Get Your Love by Redbone from Come and Get Your Love ($1.29)
- Cherry Bomb by The Runaways from The Runaways ($1.29)
- Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes from Partners In Crime ($1.29)
- O-O-H Child by The Five Stairsteps from The First Family of Soul: The Very Best of the Five Stairsteps (Remastered) ($1.29)
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell from Gold: Marvin Gaye ($1.29)
A couple songs in the movie sound more like later recordings, so if you want to stick closer to what Star-Lord listened to swap these out in your mix tape:
- Fooled Around and Fell in Love from 20th Century Masters - The Millenium Collection: The Best of Elvin Bishop ($1.29)
- Come and Get Your Love from 70s Rock Hits (Re-Recorded Versions) ($0.99)
If you're trying to be as accurate as possible with your Star-Lord mix, leave out "Spirit in the Sky" because that track was cut from the movie.
And if you just aren't up for making your own mix tape, there's the just released movie soundtrack, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 ($8.99). But that's not really a mix tape, so it kind of defeats the purpose of finding the music and making your own.